How do I apply to discharge student loans in bankruptcy?

To discharge student loans in a bankruptcy, you're not only required to file the routine bankruptcy case, but you also have to file what's called an adversary proceeding. It's a separate lawsuit where you're seeking to discharge student loans based on an undue hardship or maybe based on a technical basis such as, it's a non-accredited school, it wasn't eligible for federal funding, something like that. It's very hard to do but it is possible. You definitely would want to seek a specialist in this area because these cases are not easily granted but they can afford you with partial or full discharges at the end.

Contact Us • Free Consultation*
phone number